Principles and Performance
Our buildings reflect a lifestyle you desire
Every project at Akshaya is built to transform a building into a home. Akshaya brings to you residential apartments in Chennai, Coimbatore and Trichy and commercial projects in Chennai, Coimbatore that are crafted from two decades of experience from a crew of dedicated professionals who have created every building with finesse, passion and commitment. Our structures are meticulously designed and expertly seen through the stage of completion to create a final piece of architecture that stands the test of time.
Commercial projects in Chennai and Coimbatore from the house of Akshaya imbibe the best of technical and technological advancement. The company believes in delivering better than the best to its customers and hence every project is a standing testimony to its commitment and pursuit of excellence. Our buildings are constructed with strong emphasis laid on high safety protocols, water harvesting standards and environment management principles. Akshaya trusts its superior execution competence since delivery on or before time is what it has always lived by.
Every project including the new residential projects in Chennai, Coimbatore and Trichy are subjected to many quality tests from materials used to structural design to create an immaculate building. Akshaya’s transactions with each of its vendors are transparent as much as its operations and performance. Akshaya always ensures that they are there where the customers want them to be. Therefore, the company chooses locations for construction meticulously and as per client requirements. Akshaya has made an indelible presence through sophisticated and opulent apartments in Chennai, Coimbatore and Trichy.
Akshaya was founded in 1995 under the stewardship of Mr. T. Chitty Babu, a leading light of the real estate industry in India. Since its inception, Akshaya has set the highest standards for itself, inspired by the Sanskrit origin of its name, which means 'endless pursuit'. It has grown into one of the most awarded companies in the country acclaimed for its transparent business practices and innovation. The journey over the last Two Decades has seen the company excel in both the home and commercial domains by building more than 155 magnificent edifices in South India.
Powered by a team of more than 200 top-notch professionals and driven by the core values of 'Passion, Principles and Performance', Akshaya has now earned the respect of peers in the construction industry and the admiration of thousands of delighted customers.
- A solid and committed partner
- Integrity and strength of character of our people
- A strong organization that could be trusted for its promises
- Dedication and commitment - we care about everything we do
- We care about our customers and their satisfaction
- We care about our people, their well-being and their development
- We care about our local community we live and work in
- We take pride in superlative performance and recognize and celebrate success
- Delivering on our promises to each other and to our stakeholders
- Delivering excellence
- Demanding excellence
- Open and always searching for new and better ways
- Best results from working together
- Industry beating performance
Today, Akshaya is on the cusp of a huge expansion drive to major markets in Southern India. The company is already on the verge of completing premium residential spaces and commencing luxury homes & commercial projects in Coimbatore, Trichy and Salem in addition to Chennai. The foray into other cities has been made with exquisite projects that bear the Akshaya stamp of quality.
What exactly is 'Uncompromise'? Is it the ability to resist compromises? Is it the resolution upright? Is it the quest for unflinching quality? Or is it the desire to be the best one can be, in all walks of life? At Akshaya, we think it's a combination of all these lofty ideals.
We've been breathing this philosophy close to 20 years. And that's why, to most of our customers and business associates, the word 'Uncompromise' means only one thing: a blemish-less track record of consistently extraordinary performance.
Akshaya, with its innumerable initiatives to raise the level of transparency in real estate and untiring efforts to raise the bar of quality in the residential and commercial domains, has been a walking, talking exemplar of Uncompromise.
Every dream fulfilled by Akshaya is fuelled by the ceaseless quest for Uncompromise: be it our passion for building stellar projects, our unparalleled quality of service or our lifelong bond with every customer.
Akshaya’s success story comes from an unflinching commitment to the core values of the company and a 'no compromise' approach to business.
We take pride in upholding the highest ethical standards by maintaining transparency and integrity in all our transactions with stakeholders. Also, instilling a sense of ownership and pride enhances a long-term relationship with our customers.
By following stringent principles, the company believes in setting new benchmarks of excellence, innovation and quality. Even in community development, Akshaya believes that being a responsible corporate citizen is Priority No.1. Which is why, CSR activities are not just reserved for special occasions like World Environment Day rather an everyday initiative.
This ideology forms the very foundation of our business that in turn, helps us carry the beacon of Uncompromise for the years to come.
Very good patient approach from Mr.Selvakumar. Very good experience especially for 1st time buyer
Ganesh B - E-203, Republic
Dear CRM manager,
I have moved into my house W1305. I take this opportunity to thank and also appreciate the way you all have worked through out my buying and moving in formalities. It was nice to have been in touch with such good persons (Hariramkumar, Venkata Ganesh, and Alphonseraj. Hoping to have the continuous support. It was primarily because of these 3 named persons my experience with Akshaya has been good so far. Appreciate for having such good professionals in your organisation.
Mr Ranjit Singh - W 1305, January
Thanks a lot for addressing our queries. We are happy with the work and our apartment looks nice. Special thanks to Sethuraman, Harish, and Venkat who have helped us in all aspect. And also site workers and engineers. I've asked for one final work, to look into apartment switch sockets and tiles. With that, let me know the list of things to take the handover. Have spoken to Sethuraman and planning to take the handover formalities on coming Wednesday.
Somanprabhu Jeyabalan - T 710, January
Thanks for your arrangements for our house warming.
Function went well and we had time to invite your premises members for the function.
Special Thanks to CRM Hari at site and site engineering team for the quick fixing of the arrangement.
Krishnan - W812, January
Great hospitality, humility and commendable service.
Sashi MeenRajan - 1316, January
Thank you , You have arranged a fabulous Republic day program for Adora residents . The last program we had at Adora was our Sports Day , so its quite a while since we had any program like this. Everyone enjoyed the program well.
Yesterday we met a neighbor & had a laugh recollecting some moments during the Fun games and Fancy dress .
Overall the program was well arranged & the MC was excellent . Kids were appreciative of the takeaways & gifts . Awaiting the next program from your end , atleast every 6 months
All the very best and have a great success for all your programs.
Geo James - Adora Association - , Republic Day Program at Adora
Dear Ms. Indra,
Yesterday we completed house warming function. Thanks to Mr Sethuraman and Mr. Francis for the arrangements during our visit. Keep updating the progress.
Nithya Kasthuri Jalendran - E5-404, Today
Thank you very much for the excellent arrangements made for the successful registration of my daughter's flat. Thank you for the transport and lunch arranged.Your staff were highly professional and courteous I also thank you for coordinating all the arrangements.
Vinodhini - B3 1505, Today
Dear Mr. Sivalingam and team,
I want to personally thank all of you for the help and support extended to my parents yesterday. While it's a tedious process, the care given by you all made it a bit easy for them. For those of us who are away and depend on our aged parents to help us with legal requirements in India this is a big help. Appreciate your help.
Senthil Meenrajan - D5-1006, Today
I would like to thank AKSHAYA staff for the smooth functioning of the Registration Process yesterday inspite of facing some difficulties in the Registrar office. My special thanks to Selvam Sir and NandKumar sir for handling the situation in a nice way and hats off to their patience. Besides the transport facility (PICK and DROP Facility) and the food provided by Akshaya is worthy of appreciation. Thanks to the Registrar for listening and understanding to our concerns and signing the registration documents.Looking forward for the continued support with the Akshaya Team .
Mr.Ramanarayanan & Mrs.R.Devika - C1-505, Today
The registration team went an extra mile and completed the entire process before due time as they understood that I had to leave for Tirutani after it was done. I want to give them the credit and thank Akshaya for the excellent work.
Sheela Krishnaswamy - 132, Earth Projects
To be frank, it has been really easy to deal with you and your team. It was a hassle free experience. It was so easy for me to complete most of the process from Dubai and it was mainly due to the prompt responses to my queries by Akshaya (Special mention Mr Yoganathan and Ms Indira Gautam).Also the registration process itself was efficiently managed. Thank you so much for helping me in registering plots in Akshaya Earth. Looking forward to dealing with you in future as well.
Mr. Vivekanand Ravikumar - 140/141, Earth Projects
Thanks to Akshaya, Keep up good work.
Mr and Mrs Gurunathan - 331, Earth Projects
I just wanted to appreciate your team on the entire registration process. It was handled in a very professional manner. I was in town for only 5 days and your team completed all the formalities within a couple of hours.
Keep up the good work.
Kshitish Koorapaty - Plot, Earth
Thanks for being so supportive throughout the registration process. Appreciate it. My feedback about overall support provide by the team is they are Transparent, hassle free, accommodative and impressive hospitality.
Suresh Venkatesh - 196 (Plot), Earth Projects
We would recommend Akshaya for their friendly customer service, open and hearty conversation with stuff.
Rajkumar Sankar - Monday 311, January
We would recommend Akshaya for its Quality of the project delivery & relationship management, kindness of the chairman & top management team & efficiency of CRM Mr. Kishore.
Gopalan, Padmanabhan & Harish Kumar - Monday M415, January
Job was done very well. The quality was not at all compromised.
Ejaz Ahmed - Monday M415, January
I would recommend Akshaya for its quality of construction
Antony Amirtha Raj - Monday 212, January
I would recommend Akshaya for its transparency and customer attentiveness.
R Anand - Monday 414, January
My specific reasons to recommend Akshaya are the whole buying process and that it is prestigious to own.
Ganesh Venkataraman - K G02, METROPOLIS
Akshaya has got excellent design and spec.
C K Lakshminarayanan - K104, METROPOLIS
Will definitely recommend to my friends and relatives for Akshaya’s quality product.
Karthikeyan V - M406, January
Will definitely recommend to my friends and relatives. Finishing of apartment & overall project is amazing as per brochure.
V gopalakrishnan - Monday M-1307, January
Wonderful experience to deal with Akshaya homes & surely will recommend to my friends and relatives. Transparency in documents measurements of carpet area of the flat
Shantilal Jain - A61, 36 CARAT
Transparency and responsiveness are very evident in every transaction. All the matters are professionally managed at your organisation, for sure I shall recommend to my relatives / friends on purchase from Akshaya.
Sudhagar A - C2 502, Belvedere
Akshaya is a very good builder.
Manoj D - B903, Orbit 11
Quality and transparency. Recommended and made to by B1001
K Ravichandran - B901, Orbit 11
Very good with best services & queries response. Excellent work and quality. Very good qualitative work and proper service facilities.
C Prakasam - G303, METROPOLIS
Good quality of work
Bhanumathi Pegalenthi - F303, METROPOLIS
Well-planned executed apartments. Well behaved staff. Excellent cooperation & coordination from the team.
K.S.Sivakumar - G104, METROPOLIS
"Over there is an interaction with the customers revealed that lot of ambiguities persist among home seekers pertaining to rights of ownership, maintenance charges, documentation modalities etc. Also lack of in-depth insight into rules and regulations of civic bodies and other relevant authorities have proved detrimental for some. And we found a latent need for a forum or platform to empower all home aspirants about the finer details essential while buying a home" - quotes Mr. Chitty Babu.
Thus was born Akshaya's Home Facts, an initiative to enlighten all home seekers about his / her rights regarding various aspects that has to be understood before buying an apartment. Akshaya has been conducting workshops on Home Facts for the last 12 years and the initiative is gaining momentum with every passing day.
Akshaya has become a name synonymous with quality and perfection. Every project bearing an Akshaya signature has something unique to offer and stands a class apart. In keeping with this philosophy, we at Akshaya dream of developing a greener tomorrow by building environmentally responsible projects. As an environmentally & socially responsible company, we take pride in making our green dream a reality and we have joined hands with Indian Green Building Council (IGBC), as one of its founding members.
IGBC defines a green building as one which conserves water, optimises energy efficiency, conserves natural resources, generates less waste and provides healthier spaces for occupants, as compared to a conventional building. To achieve this green architecture, we assess the full range of impact on the building process right from planning stage, energy modelling to the implementation of sourcing of raw materials and disposal or recycling. We also take into account embodied energy, global warming potential, resource use, air pollution, water pollution and waste generation. The idea is to reduce the carbon footprint and optimise the usage of all natural resources.
All our projects have been certified with the LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) and Green Building rating by IGBC. The 'LEED Ratings' are internationally accepted benchmarks for design, construction and operation of high performance of buildings. As part of our uncompromising standards we'll be building only Green Buildings.
The IGBC privilege we hold is a promise to look beyond the conventional buildings and a step into greener pastures for a harmonious and better tomorrow.
construction by akshaya
We ensure that all our projects meet the necessary guidelines for the structural stability of the building and are subjected to many quality tests, starting from selection of the site, architects, consultants, vendors, material procurement followed by structural design to meet the quality guidelines set forth by the prevailing norms and codes of the country.
Selection of the site
In real estate development, location is an important criteria where we go an extra mile in choosing a right site which will fulfil the requisites for development of a green project.
- Soil investigation is carried out right after the project concept is finalized with no. of floors and the building footprint
- Soil investigation is conducted by reputed agencies after conducting pre qualification analysis
- The no. of bores for soil testing is marked by the structural consultant
- We ensure that the max no. of bores is marked within the foot print of the building
Once the soil investigation report is given by the soil testing agencies, the structural consultant will study the soil bearing capacity to decide on the design of the structure. Pre-qualification analysis is done for the structural consultants before appointing them.Scope of work
- Structural design of entire apartment complex with appropriate foundation system as envisaged by Geotechnical consultants
- To assist in Geotechnical investigation in terms of technical guidance
- To prepare alternative structural system / suggest alternative light weight blocks to be cost effective and efficient
- Design of services structures such as Underground Sump / Sewage Treatment Plant / Cable Trenches / Storm Water Drains, Compound Wall etc.
- To submit design calculations / analytical models such as staad pro / etabs (a program designed for the structural analysis and design of buildings) model for performing peer review by third party engaged by us
- Design and detailing for landscape related structures such as water bodies / cascades etc.
- Infrastructural related works such as roads, culverts, pavers / dg foundations etc
- Submission of bill of quantity / tender bill of quantities / steel bill of quantity for structural related works
- To recommend suitable mix designs
- Site visits at least once in a fortnight or as per requirements
On obtaining the load calculations, model frame analysis – using standard software, the structure & foundation is designed. This design is sent for a peer review of other structural consultants of equivalent experience / IIT Chennai for their review of the design calculations. After a thorough check by the peer review consultant & final approval by the peer review consultant, the structural consultant is allowed to prepare the required construction drawings & issue it to the site for construction.Scopes of peer review are:Read More
- Checking the input and output files of staad / etabs analysis, ensuring correctness of loads, load combinations, seismic and wind loads considered for analysis and design pertaining is codes
- Ensure the correctness of detailing as per the codes
- To give corrective measures and if any anomaly noticed from the principal design consultants
- Value engineering to optimize the design / optimize concrete sections and wherever reinforcement is deficient or excess than required as per design
We ensure a comprehensive selection process of contractor for execution. The selection process involves various criteria and credentials that is taken into account.Pre-qualification:
- Vendors will be identified based on the scope of work / service finalized. Project architects, pmc and technical team suggest vendors for the work
- Upon internal discussions, final short-listing of vendors is done
- A pre-qualification process is followed
- An evaluation criteria will be modified to suit the package / project and the type of services availed. A sign off / approval is done to commence the vendor registration / pre-qualification process
- Team will notify when the pre- qualified vendors are short–listed
- Tenders will be floated to the pre-qualified vendors only
Evaluation and award of work:
- The pre-qualified vendors need to provide a summary description of quality assurance / quality control programme to be implemented in the performance of work
- Technical evaluation is done by the project architects and the bidders are rated in terms of technical expertise and their preference to perform
- On the basis of outcome of technical & commercial evaluation, job order is awarded to the contractor
Quality Assurance and Quality Control
We prepare a project specific quality control plan and follow to assure the quality of work executed by the contractor. This will be done through a project management consultancy (pmc) appointed by us or directly by Akshaya.Quality is assured through the following process:Read More
- Preparation of quality management plan includes quality control plan, material testing plan, qp adherence and audit report etc.
- Checklist for all activities are approved by the quality control team before proceeding
- QA / QC observation & surveillance is done and site observation & conformance report is made
- If non-conformance of work is noted, a stop work notification is given till the non-conformance is rectified
- Report is made on corrective and preventive actions taken on the non- conformance
- Project quality report and regional quality reports are prepared
- Periodical monitoring of calibration of testing equipment and validation of measuring aids are done for contractors test equipment
- A trial mix is done to ensure strength of the mix design proposed by the consultant / contractor before proceeding for production
- Laboratory test is done for the concrete and other building materials to ensure the right quality
- Periodical internal audits are conducted to ensure that quality is maintained
- Integrated management systems audit & reporting is another external check for the quality
- Categorization of defects based on internal Non-Conformance Report and Site Observation & Surveillance Report and ISO 9001 defects is made and reviewed by the top management for action
- Periodical visit of senior management ensures quality adherence
We ensure the following documents are given to the customers / association at the time of handing over the project.
- Soil investigation report
- Water test report
- Stability certificate
- Completion certificate from competent authority
- As built drawings – architectural / structural / plumbing / electrical etc.
10 Years Maintenance
Akshaya is the only developer in India that promises 10 years maintenance for all its ongoing projects. Our promise of 10 years maintenance aims to provide you with comfort and peace of mind knowing that your home is being taken care of professionals solely dedicated to maintenance solutions as a core competence. Our maintenance professionals would conduct a periodical check on the building and its amenities to make sure your home remains safe and sound. Rest assured that when you buy a home with us, you are also buying stress-free safe life.
Mr. T. Chitty Babu is a qualified civil engineer with vast experience in the construction industry. He turned into an entrepreneur with Akshaya Group. He laid the foundation for the group with a clear vision – to make dreams and aspirations for a perfect lifestyle come true. His vision and guidance has fuelled Akshaya Group’s relentless attempts to set high benchmarks.
Mr. T. Chitty Babu is a Chairman of CII Smart City and member of the CII National Committee on Real Estate & Housing 2015-16. He is also a member of Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Chairman of Best Practices at CREDAI (Confederation of the Real Estate Developers Association of India).
In the last decade, he's held many key positions in CREDAI including that of National Secretary, President – Tamil Nadu and President – Chennai. He's also a former Chairman of COC (Code of Conduct) & CGRF (Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum) of CREDAI, Executive Committee Member of IGBC and Convenor of the Infrastructure Panel of CII Chennai.
Today, Akshaya is on the cusp of a huge expansion drive projects to major markets in Southern India. The company is already on the verge of completing premium residential and commencing luxury homes & commercial projects in Coimbatore, Trichy and Salem in addition to Chennai. The foray into other cities has been made with exquisite projects that bear the Akshaya stamp of quality in building practices.
Akshaya has also diversified into the hospitality sector through Akshaya Hotels & Resorts Pvt. Ltd., which runs a chain of restaurants and is in the process of developing select resorts.
Akshaya Cares, the CSR wing of the company, focuses development initiatives, towards helping the lower socio-economic sections and empowering the underprivileged.
Many more ventures are on the anvil in keeping with the company's overarching philosophy of Uncompromise which only means: "THE SEARCH FOR BETTER WILL NEVER END AT AKSHAYA".